Monday, February 1, 2016

Introducing Our New STELLA Team


Hi, everyone!  Glad you can stop by for our big announcement.  Lorraine, Donna, and I are very excited to reveal our newest design team, Stella!!  We received a lot of applications for this open call.  Thank you so much for your interest!   We liked everyone, which of course makes the process of selecting a team of 6 designers all the more difficult.  Please know that even if you weren't chosen this time around for our inaugural team of March-to-August-2016 term, other designers will have the opportunity to come on board in the next term or the one after.  Really, we'd love to work with all of you at some point in the future.  I thought I'd mention that right at the top.  And we thank you so much for responding to our open call.  We will hold onto your applications.  If you wish to reapply to our next open call, designers who have previously applied with FULLY COMPLETED applications will have the option of simply mentioning that.  Of course, if you have anything new to add to your application, you might want to just send in a new application the next time.

OK, I'm ready to introduce you to our new design team, Stella.  I'll mention something quickly here about the team name.  I didn't want to go with "number 2" or "B team" to refer to this new team, so I brainstormed a bit, and thought of the two letters at the beginning and the end of AuroraWings, A and S.  A for Aurora seemed like a given.  Also, I love thinking up titles in different languages, and one of my go-to languages is Latin (Not because I know much or anything... I'm fascinated by it.).  Aurora is "dawn" in Latin, and I thought about something that would compliment that, and bam!  Stella for "star".  Now you know the back story.

Without further ado, please welcome the members of Team Stella!!












The entire AuroraWings family - Team Aurora and Showcase Team (and me!) - welcome the newest members.  We all look forward to getting to know everyone.  Stella Team will bring a new challenge on the FIRST Monday of each month, while your favorite designers from our Aurora Team will continue to bring a new challenge on the THIRD Monday as before.  Now with two challenges per month, we're doubling up on the FUN!!  While the new designers get ready for their first challenge, we will have our next regularly scheduled challenge start on the 15th of February.  Then, beginning in March, we will have both teams going.  What a great way to mark AuroraWings Challenge Blog's 2 year anniversary!  Thank you for being a fan of Aurora Wings digis and Challenge Blog.  Hope you'll join us in many of our upcoming challenges!



13 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

A huge congratsto you all! So thrilled to have you join the Aurora Wings family, ladies! Looking forward to your fabulous creations. xxD

Wendy said...

Thank you so very much for inviting me to be on the first Stella Team. Congrats to my fellow teammates. I can't wait to begin this new adventure!

Silvia sencaka said...

Congrats for the new team! Welcome to the family! Looking forward for the gorgeous creations 😚😍

Annemi said...

Congrats ladies <3 Well deserved

Julie Reed said...

Woohoo, so excited to join the first term for Team Stella and look forward to working with all the new ladies and of course the lovely Donna & Lorraine, who I have had the pleasure of working with at the Showcase Blog, along with the rest of the Aurora Wings Family :)

Hello said...

A huge congratulations to you all ladies!! We are so excited to have you join our Aurora Wings family and are of course really looking forward to seeing all your wonderful and inspirational creations :)
Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx

Myndi said...

Congratulations, ladies!

Myndi said...

Congratulations, ladies!

Aurelia Aurora said...

wooow.. Thank you so much... Donna, Lorraine, Mitzi and other DTs .. for having me in the 1st term of Stella team.. so excited.. can't wait to work with you all and my new teamie.. <3 *mwach* xx ~RoRa :D

charlene said...

Congrats to you all! I can't wait to see the beautiful creations you make. Welcome to the group.

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Congrats to all the lucky ladies. Especially my sweet friend Marion. Sooo happy for you all and look forward to seeing your wonderful creations in the months ahead.

Unknown said...

Thanks for having me ladies!! I am so ecstatic!!! My brain is already working away on all the projects!!!

Hello said...

Hi ladies and congratulations to you all, it's great to have you join our Aurora Wings Stella family and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and seeing all your amazing creations. Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx